WHAT TO SAY TO KIDS ABOUT THE COVID-19 CORONA VIRUS
1. Help kids gain a sense of control and decrease anxiety by giving information and strategies to ￼help prevent them from catching a virus￼.
2. Practice good hygiene and encourage your children to wash their hands with soap and water often.
3. Limit exposure to the news media. Try to watch and listen to news with your children so that your present to answer any questions they may have.￼￼
4. When answering questions stick with the facts. Use information from the world health organization and other reliable sources, ￼being sure to filter out incorrect and erroneous information.￼￼
5. Talk about your feelings, and assure your children that you all will work together as a family to manage whatever comes up.￼￼
6. Be careful not to pass on your own fear to your children, as they often internalize the emotions of adults around them. Teach them how to be calm.
7. Use precautions, but continue to enjoy life.￼￼